The Script Savant provides extensive consulting services: basic editing, storyline suggestions, re-writes, and full script creation. The Script Savant...
BEFORE SUBMITING A SCRIPT TO A CONSTEST OR A PROFESSIONAL, FIND OUT WHAT THE LIKELY RESPONSE WILL BE, AND SUBMIT THE BEST POSSIBLE VERSION OF YOUR SCRIPT
In order to succeed in this business, you have to understand how the industry thinks. Here you can take advantage of the best Script Services in the industry and learn how to develop and market your script.
Why is this Script Service Different?
Every year their are a dozens of screenwriting contest. There's a secret to placing well or winning these contests. The stories that do well have a twist that is unseen to the reader/judge until the climax which then comes as a shock but which makes sense looking back through the story. Well, without a unique twist you have very little chance of being noticed. It's the same when getting your script noticed by a professional.
Examples of movies with a unique twist are:
- The Usual Suspects (Wimpy Roger Kint (Kevin Spacey) is revealed to be the deadly mastermind Keyser Soze)
- The Sixth Sense (Revealed at the end Malcolm Crowe (Bruce Willis) was a ghost all along)
- The Prestige (Magician (Hugh Jackson) kills himself and his duplicate lives)
- Unbreakable (Arch enemy, Elijah (Samuel Jackson) helps David Dunn (Bruce Willis) discover his special power)
- Get Out (Old white men take over the bodies of young black men)
- Shawshank Redemption (Andy (Tim Robbins) turns the tables on warden (Bob Gunton))
- Memento (Leonard (Guy Pearce) gives himself a false tattoo to kill Teddy (Joe Pantoliano))
- Deja Vu (Douglas Carlin (Denzel Washington) dies in the new timeline and his double lives)
- Fallen (Narrator is fallen angel Azazel and not John Hobbs (Denzel Washington) who dies)
- Chinatown (Evelyn's (Faye Dunaway) daughter is both daughter and sister)
- The Crying Game (Fergus (Stephen Rea) falls in love with Dil (Jaye Davidson) who's revealed to be transgender)
I believe I can give a story that magical twist which makes a difference between an exceptional screenplay and just one of the thousands that ends up in the trash bin.